Sunday, June 2, 2013

 
Body Symbols.  What a name?  Surely deep thought went into it - surely I felt a touch of the infinite and the grace of brilliance struck me and gave me this...   or, I was sitting at my desk, trying to figure out what in the world I was going to name this blog.  What could encapsulate everything I'm trying to convey and the journey I'm on and still be the go to place for my wanderings and a journal of my rise and stumble?  And I glanced up - and I thought "Body Symbols"  - perfect  - even better because it was an actual gmail address still available. 
Where/who am I today? 
 
I'm a 36 year old (36, and 10 months) woman.  Mom to 6, I gave birth to 2 of them.  I've been a wife a couple of times.  Which means I started and stopped a few times. I am a tad bit flighty, sometimes eccentric and often imperfect.  I love with flare and fire and I give much.  I am interested in everything, which means completion of projects don't happen as much as I wish they would - something I plan on working on.  I realize in about 3 years I'll be 40 - and in that time I have so much I want to accomplish, much I want to finish, much I want to begin - and this blog will be part of it.
 
A large part of this blog (there's a pun there) is my upcoming bariatric journey - I am weeks, days away from a bariatric sleeve surgery as a tool for this path - a tool - because the surgery is not going to fix this body - it will help though.  I currently weigh 291 lbs.  That's 29 large bags of potatoes. That's 2 adults.  That's 3 preteens.  That's just too much.  So, yes, my surgery and weight will be a part of this blog.
 

Other parts of this blog is just life stuff.  I work for a large (huge) insurance company, I know you've heard of us - and I work for the customer portion of our federal members.  I have a German family who became my family when I agreed to take on a foreign exchange student in 2008 - Melanie became part of our lives, her parents are some of our dearest friends.

I'll share my different look on spirituality and maybe explore it a little here.  I'll share my journey on trying to learn more and be more ... for myself - for this life. 

I'll post stories - I'll post truths - I'll post triumphs - I'll post tragedies.  I'll post because writing is a balm and a means of keeping myself on track.

It's a beginning - and end - and a continuation.

ߧ

No comments:

Post a Comment